Monday 23 January 2012

Festive Bakes

Here's the last installment of festive bakes, just in time to usher in the Lunar New Year!


I baked these Peanut Cookies on Saturday night, just a day before the lunar new year eve. These peanut cookies have been on my baking list every year. Not only they are simple to put together, it is also one my kids' favourite cookies.


I followed the same recipe from here. However, instead of grinding the peanuts, I bought ready-made peanut powder. I really like the creamy and slightly crunchy texture.


I have already lost count how many times I have baked these melt-in-mouth german cookies! I have made chocolate flavour, green tea flavour, duo or marbled version...and the latest, I added mini chocolate chips (I used 50g) into the batter. The cookies taste awesome! The semi-sweet chocolate chips greatly enhanced the taste of the cookies and the best thing is, the melt-in-the-mouth texture is not affected at all.


Here's wishing all of you a Happy Lunar New Year!

祝愿您在新的一年里,
一帆风顺,二龙腾飞,三羊开泰,四季平安,
五福临门,六六大顺,七星高照,八方来财,九九同心
十全十美,百事亨通,千事吉祥,万事如意!

16 comments:

Boriville said...

Those looks so good, thanks for sharing.

martina said...

Happy Lunar Year to you and all your loved ones! It has been a frenzy cooking session this one! Congrats they all look beautiful and delicious. Very kind of you to even think to send me something! Enjoy the festivities
Martina

createwithmom said...

happy chinese new year beautiful sweets

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

新年快乐, HHB! 愿你心想事成!

Aimei said...

Happy new year HHB!! May all your wishes come true in this dragon year! :)

Passionate About Baking said...

新年快乐 HHB! Hope you have a great Chinese new year and a good year ahead!

Edith said...

新年快乐.

Cosy Bake said...

新年快乐,青春美丽',',

Baking Fiend said...

You did great! so many types of cookies from your kitchen... Happy Dragon Year!

Anonymous said...

新年快乐! Your cookies look so beautiful and yummilicious.

Alice
Singapore

Bimmer said...

Happy New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai! These certainly look delicious!

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Happy Chinese New Year. Those bakes look amazing!!

happybowl said...

Mouthwatering spread. Happy CNY.

thecoffeesnob said...

Wow, you sure were busy in the kitchen this Chinese New Year, HHB! Everything looks fantastic, especially those German cookies.

Gong xi fa cai, HHB!

Unknown said...

新年快乐 ^_^

Yummy Bakes said...

Happy new year. Dropping you a note that I have something to share with you at my blog.